HSBC's World Selection portfolios are a series of multi-asset funds designed for investors with targeted risk tolerances.
Our multi-asset investment teams work around the world to take advantage of opportunities the financial markets have to offer across global equity and bond markets and alternative asset classes such as listed property.
The World Selection portfolios aim to maximise investment return for a desired level of portfolio risk.
Asset allocation drives the bulk of investment return over time; an exposure to a range of asset classes, geographies and currencies - at targeted levels of risk - can lead to attractive, long-term risk-adjusted returns.
- We deliver cost-efficient exposure to diversified portfolios of equities, government and corporate bonds, and property securities that seek to maximise expected return for a targeted level of portfolio volatility
- Portfolios target five basic risk profiles - from conservative to aggressive
Why the HSBC World Selection Portfolios?
Globally diversified, dynamic asset allocation, risk focused, cost efficient... all in a single holding.
The HSBC World Selection Portfolios are an ideal core holding for clients looking for diversification and an investment that matches their attitude to risk.
- Global diversification across asset classes, geographies and currencies
- Exposure to equities, government bonds, corporate bonds and property securities in the convenience of a single holding
Dynamic asset allocation
- An actively managed asset allocation, not a ‘set and forget’ strategy
- Tactical asset allocation to exploit shorter-term market opportunities
Asset allocations are dynamic and not "set and forget" strategies. We apply a three stage process in constructing the World Selection portfolios.
- Determine a strategic asset mix to achieve the desired long-term return for a given level of risk
- Adjust the strategic allocation tactically to capitalise on shorter-term market pricing anomalies and opportunities for creating value
- Implement a risk-focused portfolio with disciplined rebalancing triggers, using the most efficient instruments from a risk / return and a cost-efficiency perspective
- 60+ investment professionals working in multi-asset across five key locations: London, Paris, Düsseldorf, Hong Kong and Vancouver
- 20+ years of experience managing multi-asset strategies for institutional and retail investors
World Selection Portfolios are monitored continuously by our investment managers to ensure the funds deliver to the aim of the funds as set out in the fund prospectus. The value of investments and any income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not receive back the amount originally invested. Where overseas investments are held the rate of currency exchange may also affect the value of investments. The global nature of the funds means that part of the fund portfolios could be invested within emerging market regions. These investments are by their nature higher risk and potentially more volatile than those inherent in established markets.
Investors and potential investors should read the prospectus for full details of the risks involved before making an investment decision.