Fixed income (bonds)
Our global business is one of the leading bond managers in the industry. We research many types of bonds, to design funds that offer a variety of risk and return profiles.
The way we manage bond funds
We have a large team of bond investment professionals across the world, who all follow the same methodology to design and manage our funds.
Our teams conduct extensive research and analysis on the organisations that issue bonds, on the bonds themselves, and on the economic environment likely to affect them. This allows the teams to choose bonds that have strong profiles to deliver long-term returns for a given level of risk.
Remember that no investment is without risk
The value of investments and any income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. The value of the underlying assets is strongly affected by interest rate fluctuations and by changes in the credit ratings of the underlying issuer of the assets.
Our strengths in managing bond funds
As a global organisation, we use the expertise of our specialists around the world, and we apply what works for clients in one area to clients in other parts of the world.
- Our fund range covers different types of bonds including global, regional and single country
- We also manage funds according to a type of bond or a specific investment objective, like inflation linked bonds or short duration bonds
Asset management explained.
- To buy and sell funds please contact your local HSBC Investment Advisor 441-299-5252
- For information on how to invest, visit the HSBC Bank website or speak to your adviser
- For HSBC fund information and performance, go to the fund centre