Our privacy principles
HSBC Asset Management (Bermuda) Limited is committed to preserving the confidentiality of all personal data you provide to us. We have therefore adopted privacy principles as a critical component of our relationship with you. The following privacy principles apply:
- We only collect information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business;
- We use your information to provide you with better customer services and products;
- We may pass your information to sister companies within the HSBC Group. We will not disclose your information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law;
- We may be required from time to disclose your information to governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority;
- We aim to keep your information up-to-date. We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your information by anyone, including our staff; and
- All HSBC Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
These cookies are not designed to identify you personally and the information they gather is used only to guide improvements in navigation, enhance content and (where appropriate) enable us to tailor the content to fit the needs of visitors who have accessed our website. If you would like to browse our website you may do so without accepting cookies.
We use 2 types of cookies on our website, which are:
- Session cookies: temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your computer until you close your browser at which point they are deleted.
- Persistent or stored cookies: cookies that remain permanently on the cookie file of your computer.
Cookies cannot look into your computer and obtain information about you or your family or read any material kept on your hard drive and, unless you have logged onto online banking, cookies cannot be used to identify who you are. Cookies cannot be used by anyone else who has access to the computer to find out anything about you, other than the fact that someone using the computer has visited a certain website.
Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of online banking. The web browsers of most computers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your web browser to disable cookies or to inform you when a website is attempting to add a cookie. You can also delete cookies that have previously been added to your computer’s cookie file. You can set your browser to disable persistent cookies and/or session cookies but if you disable session cookies, although you will be able to view our public unsecured website, you will not be able to log onto online banking. If the computer that you are using is set to disable persistent cookies, you will be able to access online banking; however, your navigation of the website may be less enjoyable.
Also, in order to develop our website in line with customer needs, we track usage on our website. The data collected shows which pages on our website are visited most frequently and how long visitors spend on our website.
Web beacons and spotlight tags
The HSBC Asset Management (Bermuda) Limited website may contain electronic images, known as web beacons or spotlight tags. These enable HSBC Asset Management (Bermuda) Limited to count users who have visited certain pages on our website. Web beacons and spotlight tags are simply tools used to obtain generic information about the web pages visited. They are not used to obtain information about specific users.